- Learn the subtle editing, arrangement, and monitoring tactics which give industry insiders their competitive edge, and master the psychological tricks which protect you from all the biggest rookie mistakes.
- Find out where you don't need to spend money, as well as how to make a limited budget really count.
- Pick up tricks and tips from leading-edge engineers working on today's multi-platinum hits, including Michael Brauer, Serban Ghenea, Chris Lord-Alge, Tom Lord-Alge, Tony Maserati, Manny Marroquin, Dave 'Hard Drive' Pensado, Jack Joseph Puig, Mark 'Spike' Stent, Phil Tan, Andy Wallace, and many, many more...
"A definite must-read for everyone involved in music production at any level."
"This book is gold... may bump your work forward by months or years."
"A huge must-have... I cannot recommend it more."
"Highly recommended.. the book is filled with so much great stuff."
Amazon reader reviews:
- "Fantastic book on audio mixing."
- "Outstanding... this book is dynamite."
- "The Bible for small recording studios."
- "Best resource on mixing, hands down."
- "The mixing education I've been searching for."
Free On-line Resources!
Demonstration Files, Practice Multitracks, Studio Best-buys...
The book's extensive accompanying on-line resource pages provide hundreds of in-depth audio demonstration files, the unrivalled 'Mixing Secrets' Free Multitrack Download Library for mixing practice, detailed budget-friendly hardware/software recommendations (including the Mixing Secrets Freeware Top Ten), and lots of links to further reading.
About The Author:
Mike Senior is a professional engineer who has worked with Wet Wet Wet, The Charlatans, Reef, Therapy, and Nigel Kennedy. He specialises in adapting the techniques of top producers for those working on a budget. Since 2007 he has transformed dozens of amateur productions for Sound On Sound magazine's popular 'Mix Rescue' column, proving time and again that you can achieve commercial-grade results with affordable gear -- once you know how!
Published by Focal Press, a division of Taylor & Francis
352 pages, ISBN 978-0-240-81580-0
Table Of Contents & Sample Chapters
Hi-res Cover Image
Available now from:
Need more information? Get in touch!